Monday, August 15, 2011

"Don't go to bed angry."

I don't know who the first person was to say, "Don't go to bed angry," but whoever they were/are, they are wise. I always heard the phrase from TV shows, from other couples, and probably from several other places, but  I never really thought it was that big of a deal until now after I've gone to bed a couple of times angry and realized that it's not that fun the next morning.  I might not want to stay up later when I have to wake up for work the next morning and deal with an argument or unresolved feelings, but it's better than having a restless sleep and waking up thinking, "Ew," and, "I'm so angry." 

Every relationship is different and has it's own quirks that work well or don't work well, but I've found that saying, "I love you," and saying, "I'm sorry," (and showing these words through actions) is really important to do often.  Compliment each other and support each other in everything, even when you might feel less than complimentary or supportive.  The other person will appreciate it and, hopefully, will also return a compliment.  After being together for a while, people often forget how important it is to continue to treasure the person who is closest to you. As humans, we tend to get so accustomed to the fact that our family/friends will always be there for us, so we often show less patience with them and take things out on them.  It's great to feel like you can run around with a bad hair day or mismatched socks and know that your spouse will still love you, but also don't forget to treasure them and to continue to woo them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment